PC restarts while i'm in a game.

• unit77
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: South Africa, JHB

Post 3+ Months Ago

i Just got a blue screen error stating these codes...

stop: oxoooooo8e

(0xc0000005, 0xbf86f79f, 0xa6e54c3c, 0x00000000)

says Win32k.sys
and the adress is BF86F79F, BASE BF800000.

!!!!?????
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• unit77
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

o well... i know now that its not hardware issues, like overheating, that was the problem. but actually its windows thats not right.

So i think im gonna change my OS to Vista. I don't realy like Vista that much, but one of the technicians at the computer store said it runs much smoother than xp. hopefully its as good as he says??!!
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personal opinion: reinstall a fresh copy of XP.

Edit: Now that I think of it, you're probably better off going with Vista. Vista will allow you to take advantage of your new graphics card's DX10 hardware support.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Now that I think of it, you're probably better off going with Vista. Vista will allow you to take advantage of your new graphics card's DX10 hardware support.

This is true.

I also suggest upgrading your 450 watt power supply sometime in the future. You sound like an avid gamer if you've got a 9600 and the whole title of this post, so upgrading to a more powerful power supply will ensure that you don't see power issues with beefy video cards and hard drives.
  • unit77
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes... thanks i thought of upgrading to 600 W. just a little broke at the moment...dam graphics card. well i did upgrade to Vista Ultimate, and at the moment im very pleased. runs much smoother.
  • grimshit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Wiltshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

unit77 wrote:
yes... thanks i thought of upgrading to 600 W. just a little broke at the moment...dam graphics card. well i did upgrade to Vista Ultimate, and at the moment im very pleased. runs much smoother.

Please dont go for a budget power supply either, do that and you might as well take a sledgehammer to your nice new hardware. Most fail to meet claimed wattage by vast ammounts, as well as not meeting the 3.3/5v/12v ATX standards. E.g. providing 11.7 instead of 12v. Custom PC usually do good reviews on power supplies so go check out what they say on google. Past that there is not much in it. Bigger = Better and you can just ignore it on all future upgrades. Works well for me :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 36 posts