A risk well worth taking

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ever since purchasing my Acer laptop back in October i've noticed it has been unusually slow compared to my original expectation from a 1GB RAM computer.

I found that with the version of Windows Vista i was using and the type of software i used the general computer would struggle to perform on a 1GB RAM if there was more than one or two of these programs. I tend to use Photoshop, Lightroom, plus other digital editing softwares open as well as iTunes and whatever to make the time good.

Because the computer was how it was it became incredibly slow, i mean i could leave the computer for 5-10 minutes and sometimes it still wouldn't be finished doing what it was doing.

Today i decided i'd go out and improve my RAM to 4GB instead of the 1GB and to do this i was also ultimately going to be doing surgery on a laptop (or any other PC) for the very first time. Not only am i overjoyed with the final result, but the fact i knew how the computer worked inside was a bit of a victory for me and it's made me a bit more interested in finding out a bit more about the internal organs of the living computer.

Now i can get back to my multi tasking without waiting for too long. In the time it's taken me to reboot the computer, post this post, and think about pressing that submit button my computer would still have been thinking about logging on. What a relief!

:)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

vista has to run on a min of 1 GB and 2 Gb to run it smoothly

i have vista on a desktop and mind was running ok on 1 GB i upgraded to 3 GB of ram and now i like it :P
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, what a massive difference it is on 4GB. I love this computer again, for a while the thought of throwing this out of the window was a real real possibility.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Yeah, what a massive difference it is on 4GB. I love this computer again, for a while the thought of throwing this out of the window was a real real possibility.

:lol: Glad you got it fixed and up to your standards :)
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

4GB in a laptop. I'm jealous. Mine is running XP with 2GB and I've been afraid to put Vista on there for that reason.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts