My Router !

• [EAGLE]Gen.gras
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Israel/Lebanon

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey all, i have a router and modem, in my PC i got the modem and the another 2 rooms i have 1 router that giving the other rooms the internet
the problem that we had the internet together and with same connection its mean if we played an multiplayer game we are getting the same ping or if we send together files in the msn how much it big its taking secounds to send some times we sent games .....

now sudenly i dont know why all stop but the connection still in the other computer but the same ping and the fast internet to send to our computers not working anymore then maybe some 1 can help me about it that maybe we should be in 1 ip or something ..

thank you very much !!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

[EAGLE]Gen.gras wrote:
if we played an multiplayer game we are getting the same ping

if u are in the same house u tend to get the same ping or very close ping because you are all coming from one location but if they arent the same it doesent matter because each pc's specs r different and pings can vary

[EAGLE]Gen.gras wrote:
now sudenly i dont know why all stop but the connection still in the other computer but the same ping and the fast internet to send to our computers not working anymore then maybe some 1 can help me about it that maybe we should be in 1 ip or something ..

thank you very much !!

yes all the computers hooked up the router should have the same ip umm do you have a network since u have more than 2 pc's ???

maybe they arent all on the same network....

and about the speeds you should try defragging the hard drive and if that doesent work try to check for spyware/viruses

and if that doesent work contact your isp
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you are through a router then you shouldnt have the same ip adress, that would cause a conflict on the network and screw you up. with a router, your ip adress should be 192.168.x.x. for me, the router is 192.168.1.1, i am 192.168.1.2, my dad is 192.168.1.3, and so on and so forth.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

The external IP will be the same for all PC's. Your internal IP will be different for the PC's.
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah

i was comparing it from someone elses view

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts