sapphire ati radeon 256MB

• phpservers
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • phpservers

Post 3+ Months Ago

im trying to do some research on a graphics card i bought the other day, I have found a couple of reviews etc. but mosts sites are trying to sell the graphics card and providing the same content as what the manufacturer's site had...

the card is:
sapphire ati radeon 256MB

i dont understand graphics cards very well and would appreciate any information/experiences anybody has had with the card.

thx
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• beings
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

what type of sapphire radeon 256mbs do you have?

I have the Sapphire radeon 9600 proffesional with 265mbs of ram. Im finding it to be a nice suprise. It works great if you have the drivers installed. Do you have the drivers for it installed? sometimes the drivers come on a disc when you buy the video card. ATI makes good performance cards so you should be impressed by the performance and quality you get when gaming.
  • phpservers
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • phpservers

Post 3+ Months Ago

The graphics card is great - I am playing all of the latest games on the highest setting with no jumping whatsoever.

DVD playback is superb because the graphics card somehow takes the burden off the processor so the computer can be doing something resource hungry in the background with minimal jumping.

The only problem that I've had with the card is that it randomly keeps crashing in Lord Of The Rings: Return of The King.

Yes I have the drivers installed from a CD that came with it along with some software which has come in handy. This is the first TV-Out graphics card I've ever had (upgraded from a 32MB card) and I'm loving that feature too.

I havent got a game that even tests the power of this card on the highest settings(800*600 resolution for games), its a very nice surprise... One that I cant believe I've lived without before.
  • beings
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you play any other high demanding games? cause if those games also crash with your card there may be a problem with it. Some games like Battlefield vietnam crash a lot with certain radeon cards. I dont have any info as to why it is crashing in the lord of the rings game. check for the latest patch for the game then if that doesnt fix the problem search the web for people having the same problem with the return of the king.

with my card i find the picture quality when playing DVDs is awesome much better then even my television.

We havent heard yet.... but what was the card exactly.... all we got was the fact that it is 256mbs and is a radeon sapphire card. Do you know the number of the card? mine is 9600pro

to find out go to display properties the click the tab settings. in settings click the button "advanced" then click the "adapter panel" .... it should say the number somewhere in there.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

For 2d its good but for games that card is about faster than a old Geforce ti4400.

Try these:

1. Tom's Hardware Guide Graphics Cards: VGA Charts III

2. http://tech-report.com/etc/comparo/graphics/

Radion 9800pro is best value (£130 about $200) but if cant afford that Try getting a GeForce FX5900XT (£115 about $170). They both come with 128MB Ram but its fps that count!
  • Dark Civilian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Dark Civilian

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well im getting a ATI radeon 9800 XT Platinum, But i can tell you tht the graphics card you hve bought is a gr8 pieces of hardware youve spent your money on. Now if it came wiv a bundle pack even better.
it should handle all the latest games wiv ease as sume 1 sed above the ATI build Top Quality cards and i mean top quality im gettin Doom 3 2 morra and itll run on high settings a piece of cake if u wanna card youve made a gd choice i think since u hve quite a bit of on board memory then it wud hve a 200 MHZ clock speed i think :?? and 256 bit image i think lol but hey dont waste your time searchin for specs on the card just enjoy it man!!

Dark Civilian

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts