Screen of My Server truns to blue.

• vksanjeev
  • Born
  • Born
  • vksanjeev

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am using windows 2000 Server Operating system. When I connect this server with internet, after some time the screen of my system truns to blue and throws an error memomry dump address 80455548, BEB7AAEE in files ntoskrnl.exe and tcpip.sys. and I have to start server again. Please let me know the cause of this problem and suggest me the solution for the same.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have just met Microsoft's Blue Screen of Death! Also known as a BSOD.
Mostly happens with severe hardware and software incompatabilities or bad hardware, corrupt OS, virus, crappys software, etc...

I would suggest to back up all critical data ASAP before doing anything.

Sounds like a software issue. I've only see tcpip.sys die in a fiery BSOD after installing an abhorrid piece of VPN software.

What kind of software are you running on this server? Does it handle VPN? Could it have a virus/spyware?

We need more information. Don't really see it being a hardware issue without other errors. If this was popping up among other BSOD errors or random reboots without the BSOD that's one thing. In the absence of those, those two BSOD messages would be mostly software based.
  • vksanjeev
  • Born
  • Born
  • vksanjeev

Post 3+ Months Ago

GT500Shlby wrote:
You have just met Microsoft's Blue Screen of Death! Also known as a BSOD.
Mostly happens with severe hardware and software incompatabilities or bad hardware, corrupt OS, virus, crappys software, etc...

I would suggest to back up all critical data ASAP before doing anything.

Sounds like a software issue. I've only see tcpip.sys die in a fiery BSOD after installing an abhorrid piece of VPN software.

What kind of software are you running on this server? Does it handle VPN? Could it have a virus/spyware?

We need more information. Don't really see it being a hardware issue without other errors. If this was popping up among other BSOD errors or random reboots without the BSOD that's one thing. In the absence of those, those two BSOD messages would be mostly software based.

This is not VPN. This is Broadband connection of sify. if I am not connected with internet ie not inserting the NIC cable into LAN card this works fine or if I am logged in to the server. But When I connect then this gives me blue screen stating KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ..... BEGINNING OF THE DUMP PHYSICAL MEMORY.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294728
http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... us;Q307128

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts