Server Virtualisation

• rajansslance
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rajansslance
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Ozzuvians,

Let me share about Server virtualisation with you all which i had read in an article.

Virtualisation: The solution should allow you to consolidate multiple applications on a single server without compromising on computing performance. However that does not necessarily means running all application in one single operating environment. Today it is possible to consolidate multiple applications in a single scalable server while they continue to run in the operating environment they are best suited to.

This way the organisation starts virtualization their servers to get more Returns on their Investment.

Thanks and regards,
Rajan
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think that the network world would find that using just one server would be very efficient. One main problem with one server operations would be server failure. If the company's network is down the amount of money that is being wasted would and should change any executive's mind about not being prepared. Many companies are looking for shortcuts and ways to cut costs, but if they start attacking the very thing that keeps them in business they are asking for problems. This problem spills over to the security side of networks also.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

David Murphy wrote:
I don't think that the network world would find that using just one server would be very efficient.

My thoughts exactly, this would create a focal point for disaster. It could end up potentially being a worse situation.
  • rajansslance
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rajansslance

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Davidmurphy & Merlyn,
Here the virtualisation in the sense they are not mentioning as a single server. An organisation may have many servers.Thing is an invidual server can be capable to handle multiple task in multiple OS environment.So that you no need to run for servers for any specific applications or for any specific OS.

Your both view on disaster is most agreeable. This virtualisation will be more effective where an organisation needs multiple application to run on single server for effective performance.

I have few more points to through some light on this topic.Will come with that in a short while.

Thanks and regards,
Rajan
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a friend who works for a very large company. They are virtualizing a 300 - 400 server environment.

With programs like VMWare ESX Server they can easily deploy virtual servers with very little downtime if one server goes down.

Virtualization is the future and a lot of big companies are headed in that direction.
  • rajansslance
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rajansslance

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Grinch,

Exactly you are right.Crucial business such as in banking segments the down time is most important not only on banking side but almost now every industry its a must one to keep zero downtime or at the minimal level.

We can do discuss some technical stuffs too in the near future.

Thanks and regards,
Rajan

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts