Set-top boxes and TV Tuners

• tejasxp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tejasxp
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

i receive my cable TV through an analog coxial cable, which plugs into a set-top box which decodes the scrambled pay channels, which then connects to my TV using a RCA cables, which means that at any one time, the STB can only deliver one channel.

now i want to record cable tv shows on my PC. the way i do this now is by disconnecting the tv and connecting STB to my TV Tuner card, which is a real pain as the TV and PC are in different rooms ..

so is there anything i can do to get two different channels on two connections at the same time ? buying another STB is out of question as each STB requires a smart card to decode the signals, and for each subscription i get only one smart card .. i'm looking for devices that probably has two tuners built in the same unit so that it can deliver two channels

i have no idea about how these devices work, so any help would be much appreciated ... thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Depending on your cable provider, you may be able to connect your coax straight up to your TV and watch some of the channels in all their analog glory. Then you can still hook your STB up to your computerand record.
  • tejasxp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • tejasxp
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

none of the analog channels i worth watching .. so i'm looking for a way to get two different pay channels out of the STB at the same time .. come to think of it is there any STB that decodes all the channels and outputs it thru a coax?? is that technically possible?
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could split the RCA cables and watch the SAME show on both, but no, there is no way to decode multiple channels at the same time without another STB.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts