shutdown problem

• ndekia1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ndekia1
  • Loc: Tanzania

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello member

i have my computer(pentium 4).my computer affected with virus but i try to remove by use nortorn antivirus without success.Also i try to format the machine also the same case.The virus restart my pc by give me 60minus.please any one who know a good way to remove this.Also i need a good antivirus

by
ndekia

"Don't tell me how hard you work. Tell me how much you get done."
  • Thayk
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Durianburg, Philippines. Spent time in South Pole

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello ndekia and welcome.

How's tanzania my friend?

it sounds like you have a problem with hasty prognosis. maybe its a hardware problem. i think its preposterous to conclude that a virus is the one causing your PC to restart. try to check your processor fan if its working. overheated cpu can cause your system to shut down. try to check your power supply as well, if it's supplying enough juice. faulty power supply sometimes is to blame in cases like this. hardware miscconfiguration should not be ruled out too. anyways, its just my own lowly opinion. just be optimistic. there are good guys in this forum who can give you better answer.

i reccomend Windows One Care bundled protection <www.windowsonecare.com> Anti-virus, firewall, maintenance and registry fixer in one package. I'd been using it lately. but you must have internet connection to install that software. it has 3 months free trial if you install and has free online scan.

Goodluck on your PC.

Thayk
  • ndekia1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ndekia1
  • Loc: Tanzania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hellow man
thank very much
But the problem is virus and i remove it by use panda antivirus

"Don't tell me how hard you work. Tell me how much you get done."
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Certain viruses are capable of infecting the Master Boot Record (MBR) or even hiding themselves in a hidden partition that is not viewable even from a disk partitioner. For the former, a simple 'fdisk /mbr' wil suffice. For the latter, you must low level format the entire drive.

A low level format writes '0's to every bit on the drive regardless of partitions. It completely wipes the drive. Some even write random data to the entire drive to "scrub" it. With a few passes from a simple algorithm, you can destroy any residual data on that drive to where a forensic computer analyst can't even find it (and they use automated electron microscopes like a scanner to the platter and use computer clusters to recombine any data.)

However, even in both cases - If I had ever gotten a virus like that, I would use a Low Level Format or Disk Scrubber myself.

When I throw away hard-drives I scrub them with 10 passes, pass them threw a degaussing ring (yes I have one) and then take a hammer to the physical drive itself. Then I trash it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts