SLI Motherboard

• ManicalIdiot
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ManicalIdiot
  • Loc: Virginia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone know if a SLI motherboard for AMD is being developed that has more than 3 PCI slots? This is the most irritating thing ever! I come from the world of usability and function and not having 5 or 6 PCI slots is like...hell. Someone please tell me that someone out there has heard my cries and is developing a motherboard with more PCI (plain not express) slots. :-(
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Wild Child
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Wild Child

Post 3+ Months Ago

More then likely not since they are trying to push everyone to use the SLI interface.

WC
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

hopefully in the future there will be more than 2 pci-e slots so wel can all be able to use those ram drives, [stick something into a pci-e slot, load ddr2[?] ram onto it[up to 4 gigs] load the os into that, and have instant boot up :) ] and some of those math co-porcoessors shelby was talking about, and we would all be very happy little campers, i know i would....
  • Wild Child
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Wild Child

Post 3+ Months Ago

DDR 2 is not supported by the AMD 64. :wink:

WC

4ss_munk3y wrote:
hopefully in the future there will be more than 2 pci-e slots so wel can all be able to use those ram drives, [stick something into a pci-e slot, load ddr2[?] ram onto it[up to 4 gigs] load the os into that, and have instant boot up :) ] and some of those math co-porcoessors shelby was talking about, and we would all be very happy little campers, i know i would....
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

fine then, ddr

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts