Slowdown and instibility of ADSL

• limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo
  • Loc: Pitcairn Island

Post 3+ Months Ago

Usually the problem begins between 6 and 7 pm and lasts until around 11 or 12 pm.

During those intervals my ping in-game during counter strike can jump from 100ms to 200ms and keeps on fluctuating between those figures and causes source to lag hard.

Its been happening to me for about 5 months now and annoyed me so bad i switched to another isp and upgraded the plan (paying $50 a month now). But the problem still persists.

Please help.

Forgot to mention that it is hooked up the a wireless network...but no one else in the house is using when the *problem* occurs.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gaming over wifi no worky worky. Stick to the copper, besides 1 Gbps > 54 Mbps.

DSL also *&@%#! Upgraded or not. I pay $35/m for FiOS Fiber Optic internet, add that to a decent router with a nice firewall and a good GbE switch and your good.

Or I go to work and connect to Fiber and play CS and Unreal on the 72" plasma teleconference system we have! :-)
  • limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah...I kinda live in this little place called Oceania...and the best we got is adsl and that costs us a crap load too :(.

So getting a fiber optic line set up is like god coming down from heaven... and cooking fried rice at the same time mmm heavenly fried rice, hope its not fattening.

But I am using the copper wire for my main computer its just that its hooked up to a wireless network but I am not wireless.

We have lots of sheep and cows, maybe we can utilize those to increase the productivity of our inefficient adsl lines :D.
  • limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just found out that when I play on one server my ping is fine, when I play on another my ping is bouncy, but sometimes it get crazy on the good servers as well.

Ah I give up.....help! I thought there should be flying cars, humanoids and an Oreo ice-cream by now! Y2k failed us...but we survived...so were we saved or are we just endless recycled entities in a floating limbo called earth and space I don't know some one fix my problem pleaseee!
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

But I bet you have lots of beaches and women in bikini's. I'd take that over fiber-optic internet anyday! I'd wake up every morning and go fishing, and I wouldn't need a computer again. Of course this is from he guy who brought two laptops on his vacation to Kaua'i.
  • limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo

Post 3+ Months Ago

We do, but we also have tons of female farmers that could kick any American guys ass any day :D Keep in mind that the same girls in bikinis around the rural beaches also slit sheep and cow throats during the day.

I just found the problem to my connection...my isp has crap international, the servers I could play on sanely at night were local ones and the one i could not were overseas... so that seems to solve the problem :( Not really solve but ah at least I know the cause now.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I survived boot camp, college and the Pennsylvania state Fire Academy and I have the scars to prove it. I also grew up in north jersey. Not to mention I used to teach Tae Kwon Do. Bring them Bikini clad farm girls on! I won't mind.
  • limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Haha...its funny how someone would train for tae kwon doe for like 5 years when some one with a gun could end it all in a second :P

Yeah...we better stop going on about this...the thread is dead...we dont want to piss of a moderator :D
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lets just say I've done enough disgusting deeds in the name of Uncle Sam. I love my country, and I will be the first person willing to run into absolute damnation to defend it. The martial arts has more to do with mental discipline than it has to to with fighting. All politics aside, I stand by the people defending my country not some elected 4year politician calling worthless shots. Forget about the stupid Armani wearing rich as crap politicians, both democrat and republican. I think about the men and woman, my brothers and sisters that defend this country against all evils foreign and domestic. I fight fires, even though it is volunteer. I risk my life day to day because I can and I want to. My greatest accomplishment was saving an 8yr old girl from her burning home. She drew me a picture, and even though its months later, I STILL have that on my wall.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Exactly, even though I stopped risking my life I feel the same.
  • limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow lol saving an eight year old girl! Doesn't that make you want to strangle people like Paris Hilton who have everything but didn't do anything to earn it?!

As for wars...their all bad. I am ashamed that America didn't use more peaceful methods to solve the Iraqi problem...for god sakes they didn't need to carpet bomb Baghdad! The only thing precise about it were the civilian deaths. And at the end I heard a reporter say "it really shows off the American fire power in this war". I don't know whether it is better to be an Iraqi soldier facing certain death or an American soldier killing for a man with a silver spoon in his mouth (and a cane stick of marijuana from what I heard). I am sure that there are plenty of bad people in Iraq but there are more good ones, its the propaganda war on both sides that are the problem. I personally side unwillingly with America; but I don't know whether I am just biased or I truly support America.

Remember the bad guys are the ones who use intimidation...

I just pity the soldiers and civilians who are paying with their lives on both sides, I reckon wars should be carried out by two opposing world leaders with boxing gloves and not by brotherhood of men!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts