SONY GRX580K wont start, won't even start on the recvoer CD.

• henryting
  • Born
  • Born
  • henryting

Post 3+ Months Ago

My SONY GRX580 was heavily corrupted, and is intermittently having starting problems. So I figured the best way is to wipe out everything on the laptop by performing a "System Recovery" using the original CDs.

However, after trying the recovery process with the CD, I got this message :

"This Recovery CD cannot be used for this computer. Remove the Recover Cd. Click ok to restart the system".

I'm really scratching my head now because these CDs came with the Sony Laptop when new. Now I'm stuck, I cannot start the Sony, nor can I use the recover CDs. Someone told me that the BIOS are corrupted and the only remedy is to send it to Sony for a HARD Reset. Is that true ? Do I have other recourse ? Is there a hard reset that I can perform myself ?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

The little research I did brought me to this conclusion. The laptop series you bought is riddled with problems. Sony will charge you an arm and a leg to repair it, buying a new laptop would be cheaper from what I read. Your situation is odd and couldn't find anything related. Does Sony have a support forum that maybe you could try? I'll keep looking in the meantime.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts