Sound Card Problems!!

• stumpedmonkey
  • Born
  • Born
  • stumpedmonkey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have just bought Creative Inspire GD580 and hooked it up with my preintalled Sound Blaster Audigy ES that came with my computer. Well, when I try to test it (my speakers) out in the Creative Surround Mixer I only hear the left and the right speaker. And when I try to play in Dolby Digital in Far Cry, I only hear the front two speakers with sound skipping every other second. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome to Ozzu Stumpedmonkey :D

I moved this to Hardware being it's hardware related.
  • beings
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

what kind of speakers are they? (im guessing at least 5.1 if you are trying to use dolby surround) do you got the latest drivers for the card? also make sure you installed it straight and lined up in the PCI slot ( i cant tell you how many times ive put a PCI card in half assed). Also go to start/control panel/sounds/then under the section "speaker settings" click "advanced", it will now so a diagram of your speakers, change the speaker setup to what ever setup you have.
  • stumpedmonkey
  • Born
  • Born
  • stumpedmonkey

Post 3+ Months Ago

their 5.1 and ive connected my speakers to the Digital output from my sound card, in the speaker manual it says in order to play dolby digital my sound card needs to un-decode Dolby Digital Since my surround system comes with an externatl decoder. With the sound card already decoding Dolby Digital my external decoder isnt understanding the decoded signal.I have a Sound Blaster Audigy ES card and if anyone can tell me how to make my sound card un-decode the signal IT WOULD MEAN A LOT TO ME!!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts