• bl00dzero

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have a

2.4 GHz P4
256 MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM
60 GB DMA HD
XP HOME
Direct X 8.1

the problem is, 3 days a go i switched my pc on, it was fine loading computer, and then one of those message services from Microsoft came up, (this is normal i know how to disable message service but i need it to message my other PC's on the LAN), anyway when it cam up my PC made a BEEP sound, usually the sound that comes up is the default one on XP, i know it didn;t come from my speakers because they were switched off, anyway, this BEEP sound comes up

- Messenger Service of Microsoft
- When u press more keys than allowed in a text box
- When u try to click on a different window but u have to close the window you are in first

I know that IBM PCs use BEEPS to communicate system problems without visusl aid, i know there is a chart with the type and amount of BEEPS, BUT the BEEPS im experiencing doesnt occur on REBOOT

please help, any response would be great
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

The BEEP takes over for the system event sounds when your sound card is not installed. Check device manager and see if it is not installed for some reason or the drivers became corrupted.
  • ilyawizard
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ilyawizard

Post 3+ Months Ago

This beep is a sound from ur dinamic in pc (works when u do what ur not supposed to do), i just turned it off along with the lights in front.
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

ilyawizard wrote:
This beep is a sound from ur dinamic in pc (works when u do what ur not supposed to do), i just turned it off along with the lights in front.

Um. Dinamic is not a word, so I have no idea what you just said.
  • ilyawizard
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ilyawizard

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok...I started talk russian a little sorry. I ment a little speaker inside the big box pc, that is connected to mobo.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ummm, maybe turn the speakers back on?
  • ilyawizard
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ilyawizard

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, if u really don't like the BEEP sound, just go to volume control and set the PC speaker to mute. At least that's how in my computer.
  • bl00dzero
  • Born
  • Born
  • bl00dzero

Post 3+ Months Ago

thx for the quick replys, anyway i have another problem

i play an online game called Subspace Continuum, in this game u r able to to take ascreenshot of the screen using the Print Screen button above insert, anyway i always use this button to take a pic of my high scores

the problem is untill three days ago i press it, then:

- my pc froze (i coundnt press anything or move the mouse)
- after 5 seconds it reboot
- then after the reboot the pc prompted me with one of those error messages u usaully get when u a program is not responding and u end task -- the prompt read -- "your computer has experienced an unexpected shut down, ur display device could not finish the ordered task" (or something like that)
  • ilyawizard
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ilyawizard

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it's a soft problem, not a hardware, but I can't be sure, and have no idea what is problem with that, sorry. And I think it's not the outcome of ur BEEPs.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts