Sound loss since Hard drive wipe

• Booker797
  • Born
  • Born
  • Booker797

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys

Newbie PC user here, i recently had to have my hard drive wiped and since then i haven't been able to get sound from my PC. The problem is i am unable to find the software that came with my original PC or the documentation that would show me the make of sound card i had put in when i ordered it. The PC is a Dell Dimension 3100 and i can recall paying for a Creative Audigy Soundblaster card being put in it was £17.50 extra though i don't recall if it was integrated or not. Ive had a friend look inside and he cant see a card and i tried downloading the drivers from the dell website but they don't seem to work.

Ive checked also - run - dxdiag - Audio and it says that no device is present i'm not sure if its possible to revert back to the sound setup before the card was put in. I am stuck as to what to do other than to buy another sound card, as i said i am a newbie so any advice will be very much appreciated.

Here are the model details
Dell Inc. Dell DV051
System Service Tag: H8CPX1J (support for this PC)
Chassis Serial Number: H8CPX1J
Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower

Cheers guys :D [/b]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it's a soudcard that you need drivers for, go to manufacturer's web site of the sound card. If you are using the chipset on the mother board for the sound, then go to the mother board manufacturer's web site for the drivers.
  • Booker797
  • Born
  • Born
  • Booker797

Post 3+ Months Ago

cheers for the reply, i did try that but nothing seemed to happen after download and install i downloaded the relevant ones for the machine will try then rechecked the diag settings and still read no device present.
  • Dangles
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Dangles
  • Loc: Brooklyn Transplanted into NJ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have any device listed in the device manager?

Dangles
  • Booker797
  • Born
  • Born
  • Booker797

Post 3+ Months Ago

my device manager shows under sound, video and game controllers
-audio codecs
- legacy audio drives
- legacy video capture devices
- multimedia control devices (twice)
- unimodem half duplex audio device
- video codecs
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

In your original post, you said the you 'can recall paying for a Creative sound card' but is it in the box or not? If you aren't sure, open it and look. Remove it if you can't see what it is. We need to know what's in there. The same with the mother board, what's in there?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts