Sound Problem

• Tempest
  • Born
  • Born
  • Tempest

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recently purchased an Asus P4P800-E Deluxe motherboard with an integrated soundcard. My last motherboard had a seperate one. When I installed this motherboard, sound no longer worked. I put in the CD that came along with it and installed the driver for it, but alas, that did nothing. I have tried downloading their drivers for it from their website in a zip file, but none of the contents helped me, infact, the readme told me to insert a cd -.- I would really appreciate getting some help in getting my sound to work again. :P
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• StellarSeven
  • Loc: Manila

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you check if the problem is software, or hardware related? Then download a sound checking program or configure Windows XP for it. If it does not work; then the problem is most likely hardware-related. Return the motherboard back; or hire a technician.
  • Tempest
  • Born
  • Born
  • Tempest

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually, I have come to find out that it wasn't my driver, because I was getting audio through my headphones. My speakers don't appear to have any input with my computer now. If I turn them up, and play music at max volume, I can get a static his at certain parts of the song from either bass or a guitar. I don't know if my speakers just need to be replaced (I don't think it would be this much of a coincidence that my speakers give out right when I get a new Mobo) or if it is just a case of hardware compatibilty.
  • tomrulez
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: England!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you set your computer to use speakers (Control panel>sounds and audio devices>advanced speaker settings). I used to get this problem when I frequently switched from speakers to head phones.
  • Tempest
  • Born
  • Born
  • Tempest

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, my computer was set to recognize speakers. I recently called my Asus techsupport number, and they said it was my speakers. I can get a hiss of static whenever I turn my speakers up though; more prevelant in some areas of a song more than others.
  • tomrulez
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: England!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

It does sound like a speaker problem then if the sound works with headphones.
  • Tempest
  • Born
  • Born
  • Tempest

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really want to make sure it's not something else before I go out and buy new speakers. It has done this before back with my old sound card. It used to do the same thing with the sound, where it would make a different pitched static whirr in different parts of the song. It's almost like it's trying to play the music, but it's in static form..
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have this mobo but unfortunately never used the onboard sound.

Do you have access to another PC you can hook the speakers up to?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts