sound system troubles

• aman
  • Born
  • Born
  • aman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi ppl,
i was in a bit of dillema and didn't know where to turn,so i am posting this here.
Mods please move it whereever u think is appropriate.
Well,my dillema is that i have a creative 4.1 sound system(goes into the back of the comp through one jack).and i was planning to buy a creative 6.1 to go along with this.
Now starts my dillema:-how do i attach two sound systems together? and if i use splitters,will the sound improve or will the existing sound be devided between the two systems?
What all equipment do i need to use both my speaker systems ,without sharing the sound.
Please help guys.
Thx a lot,
Aman
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ShEDeViL
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm just going to assume that by "sound system" you mean "sound card" and by "jack" you mean "pci slot". I guess from there, I'm wondering why you want to use two sound cards? In all honesty I don't know if it is possible. Have you tried searching google for something like "two sound card configuration"?

After reading your post again, I'm trying to figure out if by "sound system" you mean a set of speakers? To which my question would be, why would you want to use two sets of speakers? If you're getting a set of 6.1 speakers, they should be more than sufficient.

Sorry, I don't know if this helped at all. But maybe you could clarify what you are trying to do a little more?
  • aman
  • Born
  • Born
  • aman

Post 3+ Months Ago

nope dude,u understood me wrong.by a 4.1 system,i mean 4 speakers 1 subwoofer system.and by a 6.1 system i mean 6 speakers 1 subwoofer,and by jack i mean the plug that connects the speakers to the computer.I'm sorry for my incorrect useage of english.and i wanted to combine both as 2 sub-woofers are always better than one,and one subwoofer can support only so many speakers.Now can you help me?
Aman
  • ShEDeViL
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. I'm a "chick" not a "dude".
2. Hooking up that many speakers to one sound card will require splitters and each splitter that you introduce will reduce your sound quality. And 2 subwoofers are not always better than one. If you get a decent set of 6.1 speakers, compromising the sound quality so that you can add more speakers would just be silly.

One more question that I have for you, you said that you are hooking up all of the speakers to one jack in the back of your computer? This leads me to believe that your audio card doesn't even support anything above 2 channel sound. If you're going to be getting a set of 6.1 speakers, you might want to think about getting a better sound card to go along with them.
  • aman
  • Born
  • Born
  • aman

Post 3+ Months Ago

thx a lot,i'll do just that.any recomendations on a good sound card?
  • aman
  • Born
  • Born
  • aman

Post 3+ Months Ago

thx a lot,i'll do just that.any recomendations on a good sound card?
  • ShEDeViL
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 PCI Sound Card, Model "SB0244" looks pretty good, but I haven't really looked into 6.1 sound cards much.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts