speakers quit after facebook,,,msn

• robert78.5
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • robert78.5
  • Loc: Manitoba

Post 3+ Months Ago

My daughter goes on to Facebook and MSN instant messaging at the same time,and after she signs out of them ,my speakers quit working. I have to reboot the system to get them working. Is there some setting i am overlooking?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's a strange one. I never heard of that. Does it happen of she only uses one of those? It sounds like some script is running on facebook. I never trusted social networking sites.

The purchase of a new PC for your use only, is the setting that I would change. I really can't think of a solid suggestion other than that.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well a lot of applications on Facebook use Flash. And I have seen Flash screw with system audio. It may be that Flash Player needs updated to current version, or it could be a bad application on Facebook that's causing a conflict. I doubt MSN is the culprit.

If upgrading Flash doesn't solve it, try monitoring what applications she is using on Facebook. Have her do one at a time and log out of both after each one until you can replicate the problem. That should help you narrow down the guilty app. Most of them have some sort of support option where you could contact them about the problem.
  • navidimran
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • navidimran

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try to install Flash player,QUICK Time Plug in and JAVA and let's see whether you get away with the sound issue.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts