CD Speakers wont work on pc anymore

• Lanky
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Lanky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok i have a philips fwm589 and i have been using the speakers on my pc for about 3 years now and for some reason they have stopped working. I connect to my pc with a white and red wire from the speakers in an aux point on my pc soundcard. If i turn on my pc with the speakers connected it says in control panel that the speakers are working and i can see if i play music the green bar goes up and down so its trying to output sound, but my speakers make a blurry noise and you can JUST hear the sound when the volume is max. I tried playing a cd on the speakers and the speakers worked fine. I also tried connecting my speakers to my television and the same thing happens when i connect it to my pc, the speakers just go blurry, is there anything i can do to get sound working from my pc on my speakers? Or any other way i can connect my speakers to my pc? Btw im using windows vista if that helps, thanks.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you tried using a different sound card?
  • grishamist
  • Student
  • Student
  • grishamist

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try to replace your speakers. Your sound card seems to work fine.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

grishamist wrote:
Try to replace your speakers. Your sound card seems to work fine.

How can you say that?

Anyway, I had the same issue the other day, I went and bought a new sound card (my first one ever) and everything worked fine ... except for on my kubuntu installation I had to disable the onboard sound in the BIOS for them to work ...
  • netrider7880
  • Student
  • Student
  • netrider7880

Post 3+ Months Ago

sure it is a problem with your speakers.because you are telling that you get sound when the volume is turned high.so it make sure that the sound card doesnt make any issue.it seemes working fine.problem with your speakers and try to purchase a new one.thank you
  • Bgnn32
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Bgnn32
  • Loc: Western Mass

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have the sound card set to digital output only? Try changing that setting and see what happens. Also update the soundcard drivers.

This is most likely not an issue with the speakers, it is stupid to say it is when they work fine on other devices.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts