Spilt water on laptop

• samijones
  • Born
  • Born
  • samijones
  • Loc: BC, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, I know I know, How dumb could I be spilling water on my laptop?

So, I spilt a little water on my laptop. It didnt turn off, it kept working. I dried everything up. It seems to be working perfectly fine... except my screen. I dont know how, but water got into or behind the screen, pretty much my whole screen looks dark.. with lighter spots.

What can I do to get the screen to go back to normal? I have a MacBook..

Please help!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

First thing is to back up your important stuff! After that, it's kind of hit or miss with wet electronics. Sometimes they'll work and then putter out. Sometimes they'll seem to have trouble but work after they dry out.

I once spilled coffee on a laptop. I put to open laptop in my car, rolled down all the windows and drove around for a while. Everything turned out fine.

Good luck.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like you burnt some backlights out. I dont know of anyway to really fix it besides send it to apple. They cover almost everything so you might get it fixed by them.
  • samijones
  • Born
  • Born
  • samijones
  • Loc: BC, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

i heard they dont cover liquid spills.. the screen still works.. just 95% of the screen is a tiny bit darker.. it doesn't seem like its going away, but its spreading.. i am just hoping it'll spread all the way across to make the screen look the same.. cause if it does, no one would notice.. all the keys still work.. i took it apart last night to make sure nothing was wet inside.. just the screen is a problem..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts