Stable or not.......?

• Flux
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm currently running overclocked at 2.2ghz up from 2.0, nothing big. I can beanchmark fine run prime and superpi to my hearts content, but when i comes to playing games it just locks up either just into the game or even before the game has loaded!

I've made sure that i can run them non-OCed, and they run fine, but it perplexed why i can't run games when i can run all the stablility tests.....

anyone got any ideas?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Mav06
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mav06

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know that it isn't a big step but could becuase of overheating. how clean is your heatsink and fan do you have enough thermal coumpund?
  • Flux
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i thought of that, but then surly it would fail the stability tests also.....

highest load temp is 61, but thats with the fan turned down on my Asus Star Ice :)

It dosent feel like a temp probelm, the way it stops on the load screen rather than after a few mins of playing.......
  • Mav06
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Mav06

Post 3+ Months Ago

What about your monitor how new is it. i had a problem were i was trying ot play wc3 and when i cliked on it the screen went black then closed it self, it was becuase of the monitor couldn't support the resolution which wasen't set high.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts