Suggested GPU Overclock Limit

• twmspro
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a Ati Radeon 9200se with a stock 200 mhz that I would like to know how much you think would be ok to overclock. I have a Kingwin AWC-1 Water Cooling Kit in my computer I had the card ran at 270mhz with the stock heatsink (no fan). I have it running at 285 mhz right now. My setup: Core-cpu-heat exhanger-gpu-core. So the the gpu and cpu get their own heat exchanger. What do you think I should limit my gpu clock speed to? If I even set my gpu memory 1 over 200 the screen starts gettin wierd and the mouse haves these wierd pixels next to it. Like if a screen flickers. But when I set the memory back to default it goes back to normal. Please tell me I could do.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grimshit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Wiltshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

You must be getting pretty near the limit if your getting "Artifacts", do you have heatsinks on your Ram? Usually these "Artifacts" are caused by memory overheating.

*plum*
  • twmspro
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

no i dont have heatsinks on my memory. I'm not too worried about the mem though. Would the card become unstable only overclocking the core clock speed?
  • grimshit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Wiltshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try overclocking the whole card, you can buy little ram sinks off many sites, i think overclockers.co.uk sell them in the "other coolers" section.

*plum*

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts