sweet tea on notebook computer HELP!

• mxmom4215
  • mxmom4215

Post 3+ Months Ago

my neice knocked over a glass of sweet tea on my daughters Dell notebook what can we do. we did not know to turn it off right away we used a hairdryer on it and we let it dry overnight what else is there to do other than pray? :(
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Spyro
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Spyro

Post 3+ Months Ago

this happen to me once, hope u as lucky as me, like u i use hair dryer and leave it alone for one night, and it's fine next day.
from that day on, i collect some plastic bottle cap, put each on the conrner of the bottom ,use them to rise my laptop.
i think this not only will reduce damage in water situation, it also reduce some heat on the bottom.
and NEVER put any drinks on the table again.

good luck :D
  • mxmom4215
  • mxmom4215

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the sugesstion. i really hopes it dries out good. it was my daugthers birthday present.. and i will try the bottle caps
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

dose this sweet tea get sticky when it drys? if so keep a eye on the fans and if you can wipe the whole thing down with a damp cloth.. and did you take out the battery aswell when you unpluged it?
  • micky123
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

What i would suggest you do, is check if you have purchased the complete care warranty on the laptop, the complete care warranty covers any kind of liquid spillage on the machine or any accidental damage to the system.
If you have the cover, DELL will replace all parts as required with no additional cost to you.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.grynx.com/index.php/projects ... uid-spill/
  • hiryux
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some of the laptops have a system where whenever moisture is detected inside the frame, the computer shuts down automatically to avoid any further trouble. If it gets sticky, you might have to open it up and clean the connections and fans.

If the computer was off, aside from the stickyness and having the keyboard keys stick to the end, I don't see why it should be a big problem. If you have Dell's warranty covering it though, now would be a good time to use it....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts