System Failed CPU Test

• Realist
  • Born
  • Born
  • Realist

Post 3+ Months Ago

this has been a huge pain in the ...

i have an asus pc-dl deluxe mobo

i've switched the power supply, processors, graphics card seprately and rma'ed the mother board and i'm still getting this error

i've tried pulling the battery and took out the ram hoping it would post a different error and it's the same error over and over again

i'm currently on my backup computer which is a 650 mhz computer that's turning me grayer than i want to be

any thoughts

thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok sounds like your cpu could be dead so try the cpu in a different computer if you get that error then it;s the cpu if the cpu does work then try a different cpu in yours if you get the error then check the voltages or it could be something wrong with the mobo it;s self
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's the error? It might be software related...no? Possible hardware incompatibility...
  • Realist
  • Born
  • Born
  • Realist

Post 3+ Months Ago

it won't post... the mobo says "system failed cpu test" through the speakers... no beeps, just a black screen

i've replaced the mobo through asus rma, i've switched the processors to 2 different ones, i've switched the graphics card with a new one out of box and i've also tried a different power supply

the only thing i haven't switched is the ram but when i pull it out and start it i was hoping i'd get a different error but it's the same thing so i assume that's not it either

i was wondering if anyone else has any other ideas on what it could be... thanks

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts