TFT Monitor Problems

• katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,
I've got a Fujitsu Siemens TFT monitor that's served me well for the past two years. Over the last week or so, it's been acting up a little - when you turn the screen on, it stays on for about a second at most before going black (note, the power does not go off, the screen just goes black). Normally, turning the screen on & off a few times resolved this, however tonight it just wont stay on at all. Is this a common occurance? Can it be fixed, or should I start shopping for a new monitor?
  • The1
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

so the power is still on to the monitor but no image on the screen?

If so check the cable going from your monitor to the pc and make sure it's not loose and it's pluged in properly, if the monitor is on but no image on the screen it's not getting signal, Either a problem with your video card or monitor signal input. Or possibly a faulty signal cable.
  • theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had a similar problem with a Dell TFT, and after a few attempts to restarts smoke started rising from the back of the case. It turned out one of the capacitors had blown.
  • scadge
  • Born
  • Born
  • scadge

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have had a similar issue with my monitor and have powered it on and off several times (unplugging 12v supply at back) whilst holding the 'exit' / 'auto' button and it came back on.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts