The annoying thing

• limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo
  • Loc: Pitcairn Island

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I have a mouse thats about 4 years old. Its optical. Its Microsoft. Its old. Now when I go into webpages with scroll bars on them my entire viewing screen is automatically and unintentionally scrolled to the bottom of the page. This has happen to me several times already in the past few months. Is it the mouses' fault or something darker and deeper?

Thanks,
Dont really want to throw away my beloved mouse...
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try another mouse, or go to a really long page and disconnect the mouse while the mouse is scrolling.

Most likely the contacts in the wheel are just dirty. Take all the screws out and clean all the litte parts. Blow the case and the circuit board off with compressed air and then clean all the individual contacts and sensors with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol.
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

yer i think its mostly likly the mouse. 4 years is quite old for a mouse if its being used alot. mine normally wear otu after about half a year! but then again i get *plum* dell ones xD
  • limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo
  • Loc: Pitcairn Island

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool...I opened up the mouse...mingled with it and waalah....the mouse was screwed up and stopped working....got a new mouse. Problem solved.
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well... I guess it kind of worked out... in the end. Yay!
  • Thayk
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Durianburg, Philippines. Spent time in South Pole

Post 3+ Months Ago

its a good lessons learned, limbo (and i can pickup something from it). isnt it mouse n keyboards considered disposable? mouse and keyboards dont really hold permanent propietary status that much. so i think we have to avoid getting sentimental with our mouse and keyboards hehehe. (unless youve got that mouse in wooden box used in the early days of computing)....
:)
  • CowboyHacker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Waxahachie, TX, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love my laptop's keyboard.

I really dislike using other ones. Like right now. I'm on HS182-13.student.wisd.org (BCIS II Dell Optiplex GX520), connected to my server through Remote Desktop. This Dell keyboard is small, noisy, and the keys have a long travel compared to my laptop.

I like the short travel and quiet click of the scissor keys.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts