The chip of my video card is damaged, and recognize a fault

• d_gakova
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

The chip of my built in video card is damaged, and recognize a fault and restart my laptop, because report high temperature of the video card. So I need some advice - how to fix it or buy PCMCI card?
If your recommendation is to buy PCMCI card, what card I need to buy and is the card will work like external video card with the monitor of my laptop?

P.S. Excuse my english language .... thank you very much !
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• gmulak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Tustin, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry to hear that. In a laptop the video is build into the Motherboard. Usually the MB has to be replaced. Suggestion? Research you laptop and see if you can replace the chip yourself? If not you will probably either have to replace the mB or have a service tech do it, or just replace the laptop. Sorry to say.
  • creamtown
  • creamtown

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your laptop video card starts to show some failing results, like distorted screen or the laptop restarts itself, then it's probably because its GPU (video card) loses contact with the mobo or the video card is damaged. Usually, most laptops' GPUs are showing failing results because the GPU is loosing the contact with the MOBO.

The solution is to contact the service center or some random laptop service in order to get the GPU re-balled. It usually costs around $30 to $70. However, if the GPU is indeed damaged, then you have to get it replaced through the service center or random laptop service shop. It will cost more than the reballing service.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

You do realize this post is from 2010 right?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts