The processor is Pentum 4 or it is not

• Abdullah
  • Abdullah

Post 3+ Months Ago

The processor is Pentum 4 or it is not

Hello

One day My friend and I went to a computer market, where there was an offer to buy a Pc's Hard Disk. the seller said and confirm " It is Pentum 4". He left us to see the Hard Disk, I told my friend : " let us see properties of computer throughout (My computer) icon. The big suprise is this it is NOT PENTUM 4. When the seller came again I told him that it was not Pentum 4. He said:'' It is happen becuse of the cach", and he added:'' Let me show you that it is Pentum 4". He restart the computer to the booting screen, he said :" Look, It is Pentum 4", and it was. I told him to wait to discuss whether to buy it or not.

By the some of my friend tell me that it is possble that it is not pentum 4.

I want your help

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grimshit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Wiltshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Download an aplication called CPU-Z, that should tell you what it is. I dont have a download link, try http://www.google.com, search for CPU-Z downloads, 1.27 is the latest version i think.

*plum*
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you talking about the CPU or Hard Drive? There's no such thing as a Pentium hard disk. If you're refering to the CPU, it takes a lot of brains and guts to offer a fake cpu, you can read this article for signs of a fake cpu (http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0%2Caid%2C9734%2C00.asp). The program *plum* was refering to is available here, if they let you install it (http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php). As I'm not clear on what exactly it is you're talking about, I hope that helps.
  • Abdullah
  • Abdullah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello

I am sorry, it is the processor or Central Processing Unit (CPU).

I want your help to let me know whither seller is telling the truth or he is not.

Thanks

Abdullah
  • Sheepdip
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Castle Anthrax

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have him click on Start, then on Run, and then type in DXDIAG. Click ok. That should load up the DirectX Diagnostics, and should show you what processor is installed. My Computer reports some of the new Pentium M processors (1.7GHz) as 598MHz processors, so you can't trust it. DXDIAG uses a more accurate method.

Once he runs that, have him send you a screenshot of the screen. You'll get the answer that you want.

p.s. I've never seen someone spoof a BIOS screen to say Pentium 4. If he knows how, he's wasting a lot of time to make a couple of bucks.
  • Abdullah
  • Abdullah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear Sheepdip

I will use what you said

Thank you

Abdullah

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts