I think my PC has kicked da bucket

• Neuroticbiotch
  • Born
  • Born
  • Neuroticbiotch

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was cleaning out my room, and my brother took my computer out. Prior to that my computer HAD been working. Now I've set it back up and it seems the monitor and tower are not reading one another. I thought perhaps it was my old moniter that had kicked the bucket but I tried my brothers monitor and the tower wouldnt connect to that one either. I'm thinkin perhaps theres something loose inside the tower but I don't know :( Someone please help this poor aging women okkk so I'm not that old, but have a heart and help me out... thanks :wink:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you turn your computer on, are you hearing any hardrive activity, fans, beeps, etc?

Easy things to check:

Is the power cord plugged all the way in?
Is the voltage switch on the back of the computer set to the correct voltage? i.e. 115 / 220
Do you see a power light on the computer when you turn it on.
Do you see any activity on the hard drive light?
  • Neuroticbiotch
  • Born
  • Born
  • Neuroticbiotch

Post 3+ Months Ago

umm i tried it again later today, with no avail

i did plug in the cord all the way and i still get an orange lite on my monitor instead of the usual green that lets me know everything is set to go
i noticed though, when i touched one of the buttons on the monitor it said power save mode on, move mouse or press any key on your keyboard, which i proceeded to do but still got nothing
the tower itself seems to be running normal, the lights that usually turned on are on, the fan is runniing etc... i'm better off taking it to a computer tech huh? i feel at a lost with out this stupid thing working ... :(
  • turnleftgofast
  • turnleftgofast
  • Loc: Wharncliffe WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you still have the restore disks that came with your computer, you might have no choice but to try to restore your system again. Try all of your cable connections and make sure the connectors aren't loose. Something might be bent and loosing connection. Good Luck
  • Neuroticbiotch
  • Born
  • Born
  • Neuroticbiotch

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey thanks... yea I dont have the cd's that came with this crappy computer, had a friend who used to always jus fix this 4 me, so im *plum* outta luck huh? lol thanks though... :?
  • jnacool
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Right the problem is based in the graphics card. Hope ya understand i'll explain this like you have no computer knowledge please don't take offense. The graphics card isn't connecting to the monitor, possible problems could be:

1. Monitor wire is loose at either the graphics end or the monitor end.
2. The grpahics card has come out of its slot.
3. The graphics card has burnt out.

The possible solutions to these problems are:
1. Push the sires back in at both ends
2. Push the grpahics card back into the motherboard
3. Go out and but a new grpahics card :(.

There are other possibilties including your motherboard or power connection to the motherboard but these problems are unlikely.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you get the problem resolved? If so, Post it here for other Ozzu members to look at so they can help with this problem in the future!

Thanks!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts