I think I'm in love.

• Artchy
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

.... With this case, my god I want to buy this case so badly...

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3198497&CatId=32

-Supports four 120mm fans ! includes two 120mm fans!
-Made of steel
-tool free drive bays
-cable managment
-two front USB ports, eSATA port, Firewire port, audio jacks!

It's... so... beautiful *sniff*
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

That thing is pretty slick.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it a lot. I bought an Ultra for my latest build after looking for about 3 weeks, and this seems nicer than the one I bought. The only thing I don't like is the tool free drive bays, but that's just from personal bad experience.

The four 120's are where it's at.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
The only thing I don't like is the tool free drive bays, but that's just from personal bad experience.

Murr ?
  • Artchy
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

holy *plum*, I thought wow that is good for the price....

and then I found it from NCIX.com for 57$ ! holy *plum* ! I am buying this!

(http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php? ... OLERMASTER)
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My case uses the whole "tool-free" hardware, but the flimsy plastic pieces that hold the drive in place didn't exactly do the best job, and I went back to using trusty ol' screws. The little mechanism that was supposed to snap down and hold my expansion cards in place wouldn't fix back in correctly after putting in my 8800, and the video card itself can't be installed without removing the entire tool-free assembly in the first place. Seems counterproductive in my opinion.
  • Artchy
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
My case uses the whole "tool-free" hardware, but the flimsy plastic pieces that hold the drive in place didn't exactly do the best job, and I went back to using trusty ol' screws. The little mechanism that was supposed to snap down and hold my expansion cards in place wouldn't fix back in correctly after putting in my 8800, and the video card itself can't be installed without removing the entire tool-free assembly in the first place. Seems counterproductive in my opinion.

yeah, well they need to start making them out of better material too. Most of them are just plastic hinge thingies. My current case is using the old screws. But i like this case mostly for the cooling and cable management :D
My current case isn't all that bad, It supports five 80mm case fans (only have 3 though) but is pretty small and has no cable management so it's real messy if you look inside (no air flow). Also it's usually around 28C in my case, which is not too bad, but I'm upgrading and getting a new big hot graphics card soon so this new case should do the trick, might buy sometime soon.

WOW I need a life

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts