I think these are compatible with each other, but.

• GMTyrael
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • GMTyrael
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am now buying a new pc, and I think all the parts are compatible with each other, but since this site is very good, I was wondering if you could tell me if these parts are not going to work.

Here is the list Wishlist

Thanks,
Tyrael
  • Dangles
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Dangles
  • Loc: Brooklyn Transplanted into NJ

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Mobo doesn't have an AGP slot, so either you have to change the mobo or the vid card. I would recommend a new vid card. Go to PCI express it will last you alot longer.

Also I noticed on the mobo specs the DDR2 standard is 667 but the memory that you have listed is 533. I would assume that it would still work, but you should really find out.

Otherwise it looks nice, you may want to go with a larger power supply though.

Dangles
  • GMTyrael
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • GMTyrael

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok thanks.
  • risingsun
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

the memory will work fine, but only at 533mhz. Its operatable at up to 667based memory, so running 533 is fine. just be carefull, a lot of the board manufactuers are off-brand (bio-star/ECS). These brands are usualy fine, but sometimes they can host certain compat. problems, but its nothing really, i run off-brands and i love my rig. also be careful of towers bundled with power supplies. They tend to be very low-grade and sometimes dangourus. this one you do need to be carefull about. My friend bought a similar combo and the PS blew almost as soon as it was powered, and took out his mobo.
  • GMTyrael
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • GMTyrael

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, so what do you think I should get (this is my first time building a rig). Also, since my mobo is nvividia, does it matter if I get an ATi vid card?
  • Dangles
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Dangles
  • Loc: Brooklyn Transplanted into NJ

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should be fine with a ATI video card.

For the power supply, this isn't a place to skimp. Most people overlook the importance of a good power supply. They go and buy the best components they can and then plug them into a stock power supply and wonder why things go wrong a few weeks later.

When buying a power supply always go with one of the better manufacturers. I am partial to antec, I use them in all my rigs and have been very happy. I believe PC Power & Cooling are also know to make a good power supply.

Also do yourself a favor and go with atleast a 500w power supply.

Dangles

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts