Thumb Drives

• turkishmonkey
  • Born
  • Born
  • turkishmonkey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright so the other day I bought a new thumb drive for my school work. And it said i didnt need to install anything if i have XP so i connected it to my PC with a USB cord and it say the thing about performing faster with the 2.0 connection but what got me confused was that it doesnt do the same things on other computers when I put in a new hardware or whatever you know where it says "new drive found" and stuff like that well when i put it into my computer it doesnt say any of that and doesnt show up on "My Computer" so i cant do anything with it at my house it works just fine at my school and other computers

anyone got any ideas???

thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

May you please provide some information about the drive. Brand, model, size, etc.
  • turkishmonkey
  • Born
  • Born
  • turkishmonkey

Post 3+ Months Ago

well its just not my thumb drive its everything i insert like my mp3 player and other things so its just not the certain model
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like a possible USB driver issue. It also sounds like your either plugging in a USB 2.0 device into a USB 1.1 slot or a USB 1.1 device into a USB 2.0 slot.
  • The1
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

the message about 2.0 connection is refering to usb version 2.0 which your computer does not have, your usb drive will still work, but it will operate at slower speed.

1. To fix your problem, plug in your usb stick and right click on the my computer icon.

2. click manage

3. click disk management

4. then in the bottom window payn right click on "removeable" and click change drive letter and paths.

5. click change

6. then change the letter to a letter that is not listed in the main window, change it to something like X.

click ok and get out and it should be X drive in my computer.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think default for a removable drive is e. i also have this problem at school sometimes, but only when im showing a teacher something. they have thje e drive taken so i have to remap it to x, or t. what The1 said will work fine, and the message you are getting is one to say that the port is 1.1, or the device is 1.1 [as grinch said]

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts