Increase system memory
Reduce unnecessary optical drive operation/activity
Avoid graphics intensive applications
  • snail
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • snail

Post 3+ Months Ago

Or remove battery and plug directly into AC power/direct feed. Use battery ONLY when there is no direct power.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't agree with adjusting the display brightness in consideration of conserving power. I think eye comfort is more important than battery life.

I never removed the battery from my laptops before running on AC power, the built-in UPS which the battery basicly became was too valuable to me if the power in my building flickered or went out completely.
  • toshiba
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • toshiba

Post 3+ Months Ago

i bought my laptop batteries in CA, here is the suggestion from the store:

1.A new battery usually maintains a discharged condition with very low capacity. It is highly recommended to fully charge new battery packs before using. You can refer to the users' guide of your electronic device for charging instructions.

2.A new battery pack needs to be circled (fully discharged and recharged) three to five times to reach its optimum performance.

3.Rechargeable battery will undergo self-discharging when left unused for a long period of time. Thus, it should always be stored in a fully charged state and kept in a cool, dry and clean place.

4.To maintain the optimum performance of a battery pack, it is highly recommended to circle (fully discharging and recharging) it at least once a month.

5.It is normal if a new battery gets warm when being charged or used. However, please pay special attention if the battery pack becomes excessively hot. This may indicate there is a problem with the charging circuit of the electronic device. Please consult a qualified technician if necessary.

6.New Laptop batteries are hard to be charged. Sometimes, your electronic device may indicate a fully charged condition about 10 to 15 minutes when the new battery pack is being charged for the first time. When this happens, remove the battery pack and let it cool down for about 10 to 15 minutes then repeat the charging procedure. Sometimes, a new battery will suddenly refuse to be charged. If this happens, a suggested solution is trying to remove the battery from the device and insert it again.
  • DonnaGirly

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you

I just purchased a new laptop

This post gonna help me a lot

My last laptops battery died i didnt know how to maintain it.

:)
  • rhetoricalrose
  • Born
  • Born
  • rhetoricalrose

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you're looking to reduce the strain on your eyes as well as reduce the amount of power your screen consumes on battery-power, try doing Google searches on Blackle.com. It's just a black version of Google, and although its purpose is environmentally friendly, there are other benefits for you if you do a lot of Google searching. You can read their "About Blackle" section for more on their mission, but here's a small piece about using it for your own personal benefit:

http://troubleshootingmylifeaway.blogsp ... nergy.html

Hope this helps someone out there!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts