DX 10

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This could go in the hardware forum I guess but not really. So we all know that Dx 10 is going to be coming out with vista. How long do you guys think it will take for ATI and nVidia to produce some cards with Dx 10 support? Also how long do you think it will be till games will require Dx 10?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• xlgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • xlgfx
  • Loc: saint joseph, missouri

Post 3+ Months Ago

it wont be long im sure. ATI and nVidia should be releasing cards soon after the release. why wouldnt they? Itll probably be a minute before games require direct x 10, but it still wouldnt hurt to have it? just another money maker for micro$oft..
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wasnt sure how long it would take. I thought it would be atleast a few years for companys to get the programming into there games. And I would only see it in big titles.

The main reason im asking is to see if I should hold of and wait for a DX 10 card, or buy one now (December)
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Spoof if there aren't many games that require DX10 you could wait for the first price drop somewhere around six to eight months after it first comes out, depending on sales. It could be longer if new computers include it in their packages. At least wait untill you can see some reviews first.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you would be fine purchasing a new card now, as the cards that come out directly after the Vista release will be super expensive.
  • limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo
  • Loc: Pitcairn Island

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah any card for that fact that is brand new and less than 6 months old is super expensive (of course not revisions of older versions).

But DX 10 cards i'd expect are to be realeased pretty soon, as for when they will be used...not any time soon.

Heck I was using a direct x 8.1 card until the end of feb this year.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Video Card: 512MB Graphics Memory with DX10 (available in November)

That was newegg.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts