Toshiba Laptop help...

• DanUK
  • Born
  • Born
  • DanUK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello.

I have a Toshiba Satellite 2450-S402 (Pentium 4 1.6GHz).
Today, I accidently spilt a glass of coke all over it (bad idea...yep!) and managed to mop most of it up. I removed the keyboard and dried all underneath it, and took off every compartment I could, most were dry but managed to dry everything.

Now when I try to turn it on, I get the 'plugged into mains' symbol flashing - and I cannot turn it on.
Any ideas of what I should do?

I didn't buy it in this country so it definitely won't be covered here...

Many thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, if something flashes, it is recieving power, but by the message it is not correct. did you check ALL of the components?
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hopefully it is under warranty.
  • DanUK
  • Born
  • Born
  • DanUK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hiya.
Thanks for the replies.

Yep everything I could open I have done so - I've just removed battery etc and going to leave it for a couple of hours to perhaps dry??? Then give it another shot..
*Pray*

definitely won't be covered by warranty :(
  • Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Soda is the worst thing you could spill on a computer... afraid you might be SOL here. You need to clean up the sugar residue. I think there's some electronics components cleaner that will do it but it might be too late as soda tends to consume electronics. That's why I stopped drinking the stuff, if coke can completely dissolve a steel nail in a matter of days, I don't want to put it in my system.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

i can use this post to get my firned away from the idea of a coke cooled cok cooling system for his compy. the moron actually acquired large quantities of coke. stupid boy
  • Wild Child
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Wild Child

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now thats a good one...lmao :lol: :P

4ss_munk3y wrote:
i can use this post to get my firned away from the idea of a coke cooled cok cooling system for his compy. the moron actually acquired large quantities of coke. stupid boy
  • Bgnn32
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Bgnn32
  • Loc: Western Mass

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pull the computer completely apart and clean everything dry it out completely then reassemble, it MIGHT help. Most likely though you are SOL.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

its a laptop, without a degree in engineering, good luck completely pulling it apart, and then putting it back together again, its like humpt dumpty once its fully disassembled
  • Bgnn32
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Bgnn32
  • Loc: Western Mass

Post 3+ Months Ago

4ss_munk3y wrote:
its a laptop, without a degree in engineering, good luck completely pulling it apart, and then putting it back together again, its like humpt dumpty once its fully disassembled

not really laptops are not all that difficult to take apart and put back togeather.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is a brand of circuit board cleaner called "Misty" that works fairly well. I am typing this on a Sony Vaio I brought back from the dead due to a coffee spill complete with cream and sugar. Be sure and take one component off at a time and bag your parts and screws as you go. Keep a record of how thing go together either on paper, with a camera or whatever. Youve got to get all the dried liquid off the motherboard circuits that you possibly can to have a chance of saving it. Hopefully its not too late for your machine, your post is a few days old.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts