Toshiba Pro 6100 problem

• leighamery
  • Born
  • Born
  • leighamery
  • Loc: Crewe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody would be able to help me. Sorry if this topic is in the wrong place i could'nt see where else to put it. I am having a bit of a weird problem with my Toshiba Pro 6100 laptop. Sometimes it works fine but quite often it crashes whilst im using it. When it crashs the screen doesnt crash - if something is loading at the time then it does continue to load after it has crashed but non of the keys work including the power button. I think it might be something to do with the battery. Normally before it freezes even if the mains plug is on the screen will go a little bit darker as if the ac lead has come disconnected. Then it will go back to normal but non of the keys work. I therefore have to remove the ac lead and take out the battery and put it back in again. Sometime then i have to leave the laptop on charge for a while before it will switch on. I am going to buy a new battery first and the I am going to take it to somebody to have a look at but thought id see if anyone had any ideas what this might be first.
Anything would be appreciated.
Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• a2cyrus
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Tampa, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

Go into the BOIS (Toshiba i think is F1) and watch the CPU temp. Just let it sit in the BIOS and see what the temp is before it crashes. Your CPU fan could be bad.
  • toshiba
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • toshiba

Post 3+ Months Ago

seems like the converter of the adapter doesn't work well, i think the main problem is the power supply from the Toshiba laptop battery, how long have you own your laptop? a laptop battery has it's limited life, about 300-500 charge circles, when a laptop battery has been used for 1-2 year, it begin to decline, and some unsteadiness electric current appear . but if you don't need to work outside, you can change the laptop adapter only. I bought a universal Toshiba laptop adapter from a store.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts