Toshiba Satellite M100 notebook microphone doesn't work

• introuble
  • Born
  • Born
  • introuble

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I bought a microphone and headset and plugged in into my toshiba lap top but the microphone doesn't work, it doesn't pick up my voice or any noice. I have testing the headset on another laptop and it does work.

I was playing around with my computer and was looking at the driver and I think I might have accidently uninstalled the driver for the microphone now too... i disabled it now there is no option re re-enable it anywhere.
So it didn't work before when the driver was enabled now it definately doesn't work seeing as there is no driver at all.
I am running windows vista.

can anyone please help as I am currently travelling and was hopping to keep in touch with my family through skype.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could something be disabled in the BIOS?
  • introuble
  • Born
  • Born
  • introuble

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry I am not very good with hardware... what is the BIOS?
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's too much for me to type here so I'll point you to a link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIOS

Among other things, there are settings in there that determine what's enabled and what's not. Read about it before you make changes.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recommend you download the latest and correct drivers for your sound device first.

You can use a freeware program such as CPU-Z or Everest System Diag. to determine what sound card or onboard sound you have.

found here:
http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

From there you can find out what drivers you need if any. And if you have the correct and up to date drivers and it still doesn't work, then I recommend checking the BIOS settings.
  • fazot
  • Born
  • Born
  • fazot

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have the same problem on the same type of laptop like Born. i have updated my driver. but my lappy still cannot capture any sound. can anyone advise on how to solve this problem using BIOS setup? thank u.
  • fazot
  • Born
  • Born
  • fazot

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi, i have solved the problem. On windows vista, go to Speakers Properties, and then to Levels tap. there u can see the setting for PC beep, microphone, line in etc..change accordingly. cheers!
  • makkis
  • Born
  • Born
  • makkis

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi, jai also the same problem. sil vous plait fazot explain me again how you could solve it: jai not understand your solution explained above.
thank you

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts