Two pcs in one case

• Juggs
  • Juggs

Post 3+ Months Ago

I attend a few Lan parties and have to drag along My gaming machine as a well as a dedicated server.

My case mod idea is to run two mother boards one with all the gear as the main gamming machine and the other acting as server just using onboard sound and graphics,

The only protruding items would be the heat sink and ram dimms.

has this been done before and if so how did you pull it off
  • dqualter
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

never heard of doing it but god that would create some heat!! i have heard of duel processor mother bored.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do a search on google groups. I'm sure you'll find something. This is what I found:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&threadm=fa.kuqmh8v.1e361qv%40ifi.uio.no&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3D2%2Bmotherboards%2Bin%2Bone%2Bcase%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26selm%3Dfa.kuqmh8v.1e361qv%2540ifi.uio.no%26rnum%3D1

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&threadm=3492d93b.1231940%40news.cyberis.net&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dcan%2Bi%2Bput%2B2%2Bmotherboards%2Bin%2Bone%2Bcase%253F%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26selm%3D3492d93b.1231940%2540news.cyberis.net%26rnum%3D2
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

This sounds really interesting. I'm going to toss the idea around later this evening and research cases.

My guess is this will probably require a "Frankenstein-ing" of 2 cases, along with transverse drive mounting and a way to split the case for access. I'll let you know what I come up with :P

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts