two problems: No video output & No power to Motherboard

• Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay first off, these two problems are completely unrelated and in different computers.

So i've been trying to put together a small storage server using old parts I have. I have a K7SEM motherboard in one computer , and a MS8308EP motherboard in the other.

My MS8308EP Motherboard has power to it, but for some reason or another it has no output to monitor. I tried using both the onboard video, and also a Geforce4MX (agp). Both are not outputting any video. I seem to have tried everything with that. So any help on that would be more than appreciated.

My second unrelated problem in the other computer is the K7SEM motherboard. For some reason or another, after setting all of the jumper settings correctly following the manual, it still has no power to it. Is there anything that would be preventing the motherboard from getting any power to it?.

Thank you for your help.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

First things first:

Check the PSU's for each motherboard and make sure a PC speaker is connected to both. Listen for beeps, usually a sign of bad memory or improperly seated CPU.

Without the machine giving a POST it is usually running into bad/incompatable hardware.

Can you be more specific on both computers parts?

Also check the power switch, Reset switch and LED leads from the case front-panel to the motherboard. Make sure they are connected correctly. The power switch lead, even revearsed can cause the lack of power issue.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm. Thank you. I totally forgot about connecting a speaker to listen for beeps. How silly of me. I will try this in the next day or two. Thanks.
  • michelle1505
  • Born
  • Born
  • michelle1505

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just wondering if it worked, I just got the same motherboard and I have the same problem. No matter what I try, AGP, PCI, ON Board, nothing seems to work. I do not have a wire for sound (the beeps) so I cannot check.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts