Upgrading RAM question

• Boke
  • Student
  • Student
  • Boke
  • Loc: Hiroshima, Japan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I want to increase my RAM from 512 to 2GB for my toshiba laptop (Satellite P25) and I used http://www.crucial.com to figure out that I need DDR PC2700 RAM. I live in Japan so I find a japanese site that sells the DDR PC2700 RAM and a whole bunch of options came up, prices for big brand name stuff was waaay higher than no brand stuff. If its DDR 2700 RAM does it matter who makes it?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Usually not ... I have bought Kingston RAM and "no-name" RAM before and both worked great ... The difference is that with Kingston you get a lifetime warranty ...
  • ecomtechnet
  • Born
  • Born
  • ecomtechnet
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some well branded notebook model requires compatible brand of components installed on them for consistent performance and compatibility, check on your laptop user or manual guide for any reference to make sure you're opt right with compatible brand RAM.

although other way, some brand could always work on any laptop model.
  • bodibaski
  • Born
  • Born
  • bodibaski

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

I am new to this site. At my office i have a problem while upgrading RAM. Before that i was using 512MB DDR2 533MHz RAM, then i tried to add a 512MB DDR2 633MHz RAM. It is working quite well, but not with the Firefox 3.0.1 browser, it crashes often. And my PC Configuration is Intel P4 3GHz HT and the motherboard is MSI-7247.

My question is can we mix the RAMs having different speed means a 533MHz and a 633MHz together?

--Baskaran.L
Moderator Remark: removed email address
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes you can ... all the RAM will then just conform to the speed of the slowest one ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts