USB & PCI/PCI-E ATSC TV Tuners w/ IPTV(FIoS)

• GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have two computers. 1 desktop and 1 laptop.

Both have Windows Vista Ultimate RTM (Release to Manufacture).

I've been looking for a USB HD TV Tuner that supports NTSC and ATSC to use on the laptop that will work under Vista and Windows Media Center.

The same for the desktop, but that will use PCI/PCI-E.

They don't need remotes, because I think I might get the Logitech remote.

I see the WinTV-HVR-950 from my friends in Long Island. The desktop one would be best to have two TV Tuners.

Now the Desktop will be used in NJ, where I have no choice but to use Comcast Cables (The Thieves!). I can use a standard coaxial cable and get everything I need (except On Demand and HBO/SHO/Etc..)

In Philly I have Verizon FIoS IP-Based TV. Now it uses cable converters which is fine, but then I'd need something to connect to the cable converter so I can use the remote or program the remote for the box. I think the best of the best Logitech remote can do that.

I also need the Laptop for use at work where I have no cable and need an Antenna to get News, Weather, Etc... Because I upgraded from a windowless cubicle to a windowless office I am even more clueless when people say "Hey, so and so from 60 minutes died" and I'm like "He did?" Because I work like 1382734828247428 hours a week. Sure my personal office is 20'x26'x9'H but I had to get it in the "new" building that is half finished because I get a new server room right next to it. At least I got the triple thick wall with sound deadening so I don't hear the fans and the AC 12/5/343.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post