USB Wireless G Adapter Doesn't Accept Drivers!

• RedBMedia
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey folks, I have a brand new Belkin USB Wireless G Adapter that I am having a hard time installing! I have installed the drivers and software that came with it, but when i connect it to the computer it doesn't recognize the drivers. I have tried updating, rollback and reinstalling the drivers about 9 times! Under the device manager it comes up as a USB2.0 WLAN Adapter with a yellow "?". I even let Windows scan for the drivers on the disk that it came with and it said that it didn't find anything. I am unable to scan for drivers on the net because I can't connect to the network because of the lack of the network adapter! Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Belkin tells you to install the drivers without having the adapter connected. WRONG. Connect the adapter and then install the drivers.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Probably not what you want to hear, but I have to throw in my two cents: I've never had a good experience with Belkin. Every networking device of theirs I've purchased has been nothing but garbage.

I sincerely hope you have better luck than I did.
  • RedBMedia
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
Belkin tells you to install the drivers without having the adapter connected. WRONG. Connect the adapter and then install the drivers.

Yeah I figured this, I have tried it both ways.

spork wrote:
Probably not what you want to hear, but I have to throw in my two cents: I've never had a good experience with Belkin. Every networking device of theirs I've purchased has been nothing but garbage.

I am starting to realize the same!
  • cjohnson104
  • Born
  • Born
  • cjohnson104

Post 3+ Months Ago

Joe, did you ever resolve your issue with the Belkin Adapter. My church bought a new HP with Win 7 and I'm having the exact same problems as you.

Thanks,
Chris
  • navidimran
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • navidimran

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all connect the adapter and then install the driver once you are asked by your system to do so.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts