using your laptop as a dvd player

• kanexpo2
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kanexpo2

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,

i wanted to watch a movie which i brought back from america but apparently we have a different code here. so i cant watch it over my regular dvd player so i thought ill hook up my laptop through HDMI and give it a try. Everything works great but what bothers me is that th e sound comes from the laptop instead of the tv.

i dont have any cables to attach them. further more i don't have any speakers either.

is there a way to get the sound coming out from the TV? When i think, my Playstation 3 also just uses the HDMI cable only so why should my computer be different?

Any help greatly apperciated.

Thanks
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

It would be easier to run the sound through your stereo system if you have one but you need a cable for that too. I paid 10 USD for one which is not expensive at all.
  • kanexpo2
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kanexpo2

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the reply. the problem is that its 9 pm and i want to watch the movie i bought. i can't go to buy one now..

i am sure however that HDMI can transmit sound also
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didn't know that it all had to be done tonight. When I used to watch TV, I ran the sound through my stereo as well. So even if you can't make it happen tonight, you can make a complete integrated system using all your components.
  • kanexpo2
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kanexpo2

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi ,

i got it done still that night. HDMI can transfer sound also, all i had to do was go to the Sound settings and choose output "HDMI" :)

thx

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts