VCD problem...

• The^Watcher
  • Student
  • Student
  • The^Watcher
  • Loc: Sabah, Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

how can i produce a quality VCD? bcoz all the VCD that i create get stuck in the middle of the movie, what are the main cause of it? and sometime there is no sound at all but the picture still running...
help...

thanks..
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll leave this open until we know for sure you are referring to legal movies.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

From what soure are you attempting to record the video? What software/hardware?
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

vcd sound quality is hard to sync up IMO. I think SVCD is a little better, try that if your dvd player can play it
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could check out a program call Cucusoft. It is relatively cheap at $20 USD. It is a program used for converting avi files to VCD, SVCD or DVD. It works very well. The new version will even allow you to merge multiple movie files. I also believe the newer versions will convert mpeg video as well. You can get this software at http://www.cucusoft.com the trial version will only allow you to convert 1 minute of video.
  • gamut
  • Born
  • Born
  • gamut

Post 3+ Months Ago

I normally follow this long-winded method (all software used are free)

1. VirtualVCR - record from VHS to hard disc. I use the free Huffyuv codec. Result is a huge AVI file.

2. VirtualDub - cut out what I don't want. Use the deinterlace filter, crop out top-left-right-bottom margins. Save back the AVI.

3. TMPGEncoder - converts AVI to VCD compliant MPEG.

4. VCDGear - creates cue/bin image file from MPEG.

5. Nero - burns cue/bin to CDR. It's not really free, but it came free with my CDRW drive. :-)

Even though VirtualVCR is supposed to automatically resample to audio to get it back into sync with the video (when they get out of sync), I notice some drift. For a 3 hour tape, near the end, the audio can sometime drift by about 0.5 seconds. I consider this acceptable. But not ideal. Ideally, I want them to be spot on. :) Am I too ambitious?
[/quote]
  • fire
  • Born
  • Born
  • fire

Post 3+ Months Ago

The^Watcher wrote:
how can i produce a quality VCD? bcoz all the VCD that i create get stuck in the middle of the movie, what are the main cause of it? and sometime there is no sound at all but the picture still running...
help...

thanks..

:D Just to download Cucusoft Mpeg/Mov/RMVB/AVI to DVD/VCD/SVCD/MPEG converter Lite to help you at http://www.oursdownload.com/convert-vid ... ormat.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts