Video Card Computers ?

• ynyfrik
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ynyfrik
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Guys,

A few weeks ago my brother was telling me that computer companies should be afriad of video card companies because half of the stuff on the motherboard is not needed and that the video card is powerfell enough to act like a computer and you just need a mouse and key board port. is this true?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• GSlinger
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

well not really. the video card is powerful yes, but is not equipped for the activies of a motherboard. i would say its the other way around. video card ppl should be afraid of the motherboard ppl cause all the motherboard ppl would have to do is better equip the motherboard to handle better graphics.
  • davenewt
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

By the same token, car companies should be afraid of tyre and engine manufacturers because half the stuff in a car - the back seats, all those mirrors, interior carpet, armrests, cupholders and stuff - aren't really necessary... all a car really needs is an engine and wheels!

Cheers,
Dave 8)
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont think a vid card will ever replace a motherboard, more likely the other way around like GSlinger suggested. More and more motherboards companies are trying to integrate as much as they can onto their motherboards. I think it'll probably be something that'll rival video/sound card companies way down the line. I'm curious though, what "half" does your bro suggest that we dont need on a motherboard? :roll:
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your brother should not be trusted with tools and a computer.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts