Video Card Drivers and Problems

• BeyondFate
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BeyondFate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, after getting fed up of my onboard video card, Via SG3 Unichrome (somethign alone those lines), I decided to get a cheap Radeon 7000 from my friend until I was able to afford a better one. I put it in, installed the drivers and everything worked fine. I decided to totally reformat my computer and wipe everything. I put the video card back in and try to re-install the drivers. I believed it worked until I went to settings under my properties and a message pops up stating "The currently selected graphics display driver can not be used" and the message continues saying its not for my windows. I finally get it working and accidently the video card came lose. So now, when I try to install the drivers again or turn on the computer with the Radeon Video card selected, I get to the Windows loading screen. It then takes me to a complete black screen with only 4 small white dots in the top left corner. I really need help as right now I am frustrated out of my mind. If you need anymore details just say so.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like you should format again. This maybe a Windows Curruption or something. When you format, make sure you format using NTFS, not quick. When you get back onto your computer, make sure you install the currect driver type, and be careful not to knock around your computer box.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts