Video Card

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814102688

I plan on getting that card, but I want to know if you think it will be able to run the new games...

HL2, F.E.A.R, Oblivion and such games with at a normal / above normal settings.

My friend has a 700 and he can play Oblivion at the lowest settings. How much power does the 850XT have over the 700 series?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo
  • Loc: Pitcairn Island

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey I got a x700 pro 128 ddr3,
I can only play source at the default settings and if I set something to high; I see a huge dip in performance...if I go overboard it freezes. I run it on a 3200+, 512 generic ram and 120 gb samsung hdd. I know it's kind of biased; but frankly the x700 series sucks balls compared to the 6600gt...and there will be a lot more sucking if compared to the 850xt.

Also I heard somewhere that the x700 only has the same amount of pipelines as the 9600. Whereas the 850 would have the same as or more [not sure[ than the 9800... basicly it has more pipelines than the x700.

Neways..I am not so sure but all I do know is that the x700 is crap...anybody please quote me on this!
  • G-man
  • G-man

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have an X850 XT PE and i run oblivion on high settings with hdr fine. Its a good buy. But if you want to have no lag in the game get a better card.
  • Rageweaver
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Rageweaver
  • Loc: FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that should do fine...I'm running an Integrated 32-MB graphic card on my Compaq *Dies* but it runs games no problem, as long as the RAM is right, and the CPU speed is good, you should have no problem.
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: long island, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

didnt wanna start a new topic to ask this question.

how can i tell if a motherboard supports a video card company?
which core2duo mobo can support ati?
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

ati makes pci-e cards now and a lot of newer motherboards feature this graphics technology exclusively. i havent seen any crossfire boards [ati's answer to sli] with core2duo support, but im sure they will come out eventually. right now there are boards that have pci-e slots and support core2duo [which is socket 775]
  • limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't see the point in crossfire or SLI...I know it maybe cheaper to buy two of the same card and jam them together...but gosh it just seems silly to buy two of the same card. Just like buying two packets of the same flavoured chip.
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

theres generally a increase in performance.
and i think crossfire only requires a crossfire capable card, im not sure they need to be the same.
  • limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow...damn...I regret buying a one slot pci-e X16 board now...damn you think correctly lol.

Hmmm can you use the pci-e X 1 or x 4 slots, reason i am asking is that they look different from the x 16 slot. Also do you see an increase in performance for dual channel ram? and how do you read cas latencies? Like is cas 3 better or cas 2.5? Does it really matter?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts