no video input.

• psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: long island, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was using my computer and i restarted because of a background file eating up my cpu(vsmon.exe)...that isnt the problem...as i was restarting i went into the bios or cmos things you know when u push f8? yea that and i was fiddling around with thesettings for the video card and cpu. for the cpu i put it at +.50v and for the video card...well i went full blast, i cant remember the exact numbers i think it was like 140/75 im not sure what that meant but i was trying it out anyway just to see what might happen...ingnorantly i thought since the settings were there the computer could take that extra stress. well once i saved and exited the monitor it gave that no signal input message...i tried connecting/reconnecting/restarting etc can anyone please help me out? i also put the memory from 64 mb to 128 mb(video card) it was an ati an old model
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only way you are going to be able to save yourself is to shutdown the PC, take off your side panel, and look for a CMOS Jumper. There should be 3 pins with a plastic cap thing covering two, all you need to do is move the cap from one side to the other and then back to its origional position. This should clear the memory and set everything back to default, you could also pop the battery out for a minute and put it back in. When you get everything back together pray you didn't fry your video card or processor. You should not overclock unless you know what you are doing and you should do it in small increments. But if it boots up go back into your BIOS and make sure your settings are as they should be.
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: long island, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
The only way you are going to be able to save yourself is to shutdown the PC, take off your side panel, and look for a CMOS Jumper. There should be 3 pins with a plastic cap thing covering two, all you need to do is move the cap from one side to the other and then back to its origional position. This should clear the memory and set everything back to default, you could also pop the battery out for a minute and put it back in. When you get everything back together pray you didn't fry your video card or processor. You should not overclock unless you know what you are doing and you should do it in small increments. But if it boots up go back into your BIOS and make sure your settings are as they should be.

thank you very very much

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts