Video problems

• beings
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

i just bought a new video card about 2 months ago. its the Sapphire radeon 9600pro 256mbs. I have the latest drivers and the latest Direct X. When i play games and programs there are no problems... but when i play videos i see short little white lines that flicker erraticaly across the video. Some movies have it, some movies dont and some videos are worse then others. it never shows up on movies played off CDs or DVDs only videos that i have downloaded. (and they dont show up if i play the same videos on another computer). i can still see the videos and the white lines can only be seen if looked for, but they are annoying. anyone know what these are and how i can get rid of them? i have not overclocked this video card and it is well cooled by its own fan and heatsink and by a pci fan i have underneath it.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you tried changing your refresh rate to see if that solves it?
  • beings
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

i just tryed one of the videos with the lines on a different player and it didnt have the lines.... must be windows media player... im gunna re-install it and see what happens.

my refresh rate is at 90 (max at this res)

darn i cant uninstall windows media player for some strange reason... i uninstalled it but its still there.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

umm.....maybe ATNO didn't realize it, but in the rules to the forum, you cannot associate with any form of hacking, cracking, or otherwise infringing copyrights. It seems to me like you are talking about actual movies......which is illegal.

If not, then I would try changing your resolution to 800x600, decreasing your graphics settings, and use a different player. If movies now play correctly, then you know the problem related to one of those. Next keep your settings the same and try WMV again and see what happens. My guess is the resolution with your version of Windows Media PLayer is conflicting. Try an update on WMV player if you determine it as the cause,
  • beings
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

NO Actualy i wasnt..... I rented (not illegal) a DVD (Xmen2 for that matter) and i was playing it on the computer and it worked with no lines. Are you trying to tell me i cant watch movies on my computer!!???!!? I also dont even have a DVD burner. And the videos i am taking about are home made videos and demos for games these have the lines on them in windows media player. i also watch DVDs that i have bought and i play via my dvd rom drive on my computer Eg (lord of the rings, Gladiator Etc)

i cannot unistall windows media player... i uninstalled it off the add/remove programs and i unistalled all of its add ons but its still on the computer and there is no Unistall file.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright then......

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts