Virgin Media Broadband + Buffalo Air Station Router PROBLEMS

• proxykillah
  • Born
  • Born
  • proxykillah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, avid reader just a new poster because this current problem I have been having for the last week and a half has been doing my head in!

Recently I upped my broadband speed from 4meg to 20meg and expected a much much faster experience, however that has not been the case, I am having spurts of connection failures, its as if like sometimes my connection works perfectly then others I have to wait ages, not what I expected at all from this upgrade. I phoned my ISP countless times and they assure me there is nothing wrong at there end and these problems shouldn't be happening.

I do run a wireless network with a main PC, a laptop and a iMac all using the connection.. is it possible that my router doesn't have capacity for the broadband speed or the connected equipment? I haven't had this problem before until recently which is making me mad, its really annoying when you're half way through something and the connection times out!

My router is a Buffalo Air Station G54.

Any help at all on this matter is greatly appreciated!

pk
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just to clarify the setup, it should be Modem > Router > All PCs.

I use TCPOptimizer from speedguide.net on XP and W2k machines. That really help mu connection speeds. It can be used on Vista but something has to be disabled in Vista to use it.

I would try that first and then take it from there. The router should be able to handle your network.
  • deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

"am having spurts of connection failures,"

lol i have vm to and vm have had a lot of server problems tho they wont admit it :P and that explains

"I phoned my ISP countless times and they assure me there is nothing wrong at there end and these problems shouldn't be happening."

when it disconnects unplug power for 10 secs and try again.

also try connecting straight to the Internet not using your router, then you can rule that out

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts