Watching your desktop on the TV ( HELP, TV OUT )

• Zyros
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay first off, im not sure where to put this.. Sorry for that :(

Anyways, i have a ge force 4 FX5600XT graphic card.
I went to the store and bought an adapter plug cable.
This plugs into the tv and computer ( through the adapter .)

Anyways, in Display properties, Setting.. i have option 2. And thats my tv.. so it picking up that its plugged in..

But when i switch to it for example, i just get like.. very light lines going up and down.. like it aint picking up anything but trying..

So nothing is happending, can someone help?
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp Is where the latest drivers are, what ones do i need??

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Out of curiosity, what resolution are you trying to send to the TV?

As in, what resolution is the system setup to run with via a monitor?

Televisions cannot do high resolutions (save for HD -- I may be wrong but I believe NTSC can only do a max of 720x486, while HD can do 1920x1080).

What this means is, if through this configuration -- if it even works, I have only seen people use TV out cards which do the conversion on the card -- you will need to lower your output resolution to a maximum of 640x480 to get anything in the screen... if it even works.

Cheers.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya it will only work if you have 640x480
i just found this out. i was watching call for help and that was one of the questions
try looking at the show notes for more http://www.callforhelptv.com
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

It should also display if you Alt-Enter into full screen mode. My old laptop did this too. If would only play movies windowed in 640x480 or full screen in other resoultions.
  • Zyros
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

None work :(
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

on my laptop with tv-out, you need to have the wire connected to the tv when booting up..
  • Sheepdip
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Castle Anthrax

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does your monitor stop showing your desktop when you switch to the tv? It makes no matter (at least on my ATI-video system) what resolution I use, they all show fine on my TV (but blurry at higher res). I just have to make sure that my PC only displays on the TV and not on both.

Note: on my Ati system, I have to use the Ati video software to change the screen, NOT the windows display settings. My Nvidia system integrates with the display settings, so you may need to use that window none-the-less. This may be a case where you just need to read the manual... I admit, I did. :) (p.s. I also use a S-Video to RCA adapter, so I don't think that's the problem)
  • Zyros
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tried restarting with plug in.. nothing..
On my tv, its got lines going up and down but nothing is happening.
I plugged it into a smaller tv, it worked fine.. but this is a bigger tv which i want to use.. cause its like 30 cm away from the comp..
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok try this,, click desktop empty area, click properties,click setting tab, click advanced, click Monitor tab, Unclick " Hide modes this monitor ... bla bla la", apply, ok, close, close. , reboot. test.

or if it doesnt work, in properties, go to setting tab, click advanced, click " adapter", click " LIST ALL MODES", select one :o, if nothing works, I guess.. your outta luck, btw, My laptop can display 1280x1024 on a 21" flat tv.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts